Uttingertown-Columbus (Lexington, KY)
Both Uttingertown and Columbus were developed for African Americans after the Civil War.
Uttingertown was created in 1869 when Samuel Uttinger divided his land to sell it in lots. In May 2005 the Union Benevolent Society (UBS) Lodge #28, located on Uttingertown Lane, was restored by the University of Kentucky's Center for Historic Architecture and Preservation with a grant from the Kentucky African American Heritage Commission.
Columbus was developed when Clarence H. Crimm divided his land and sold it in lots in 1893.
The towns are located off Royster Road in Lexington.
For more see Project Completed in Uttingertown, 5/13/2005, by University of Kentucky Public Relations; The Kentucky Atlas and Gazetteer online: Uttingertown and Columbus.; and p. 78 in A New History of Lexington, Kentucky by Foster Ockerman, Jr., (2021) available at Google Books.